Find a roofer in Madison, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Madison, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Madison, Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.