Find a roofer in Lyndhurst, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Lyndhurst, Virginia
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Lyndhurst, Virginia. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Lyndhurst, Virginia. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home now.