Find a roofer in Lynchburg, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Lynchburg, VA. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Lynchburg, VA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lynchburg, VA. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.