Find a roofer in Lexington, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Lexington, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Lexington, VA. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Lexington, VA. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.