Find a roofer in Lebanon, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the ideal season to get your roof serviced?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the correct time to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lebanon, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Lebanon, VA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.