Find a roofer in Lancaster, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Lancaster, Virginia. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Lancaster, Virginia
If you need roofing maintenance services in Lancaster, Virginia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Lancaster, Virginia. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.