Find a roofer in Keller, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Keller, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Keller
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Keller, Virginia
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Keller, Virginia. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Keller, Virginia. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.