Find a roofer in Jersey, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to get roofing services performed?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the normal period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is the right time to request an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Jersey, VA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Jersey, VA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.