Find a roofer in Ivor, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Ivor, VA. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Ivor, VA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Ivor, VA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.