Find a roofer in Independence, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Independence, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Independence
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Independence, Virginia
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Independence, Virginia, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.