Find a roofer in Hurt, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Hurt, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Hurt, Virginia. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.