Find a roofer in Hudgins, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Hudgins, Virginia. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Hudgins, Virginia
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Hudgins, Virginia. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.