Find a roofer in Hiwassee, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical duration for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
When is a roof inspection required?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Hiwassee, Virginia
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Hiwassee, Virginia. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.