Find a roofer in Hiwassee, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Hiwassee, VA. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Hiwassee, VA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hiwassee, VA. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.