Find a roofer in Hiltons, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Hiltons, Virginia. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Hiltons, Virginia
If you need roofing maintenance services in Hiltons, Virginia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.