Find a roofer in Henry, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Henry, Virginia. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Henry, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Henry, Virginia. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.