Find a roofer in Haysi, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Haysi, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Haysi, Virginia. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Haysi, Virginia. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.