Find a roofer in Hartfield, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best time for roofing projects?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Hartfield, VA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Hartfield, VA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hartfield, VA. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.