Find a roofer in Gum Spring, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Gum Spring, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Gum Spring, Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Gum Spring, Virginia. Find the right contractor for your home today.