Find a roofer in Gretna, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Gretna, VA. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
Most roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the normal rate charged by roofing contractors for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected for roof repair services?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Gretna, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Gretna, VA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Gretna, VA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.