Find a roofer in Gretna, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Gretna, Virginia
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Gretna, Virginia, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.