Find a roofer in Greenbackville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Greenbackville, Virginia. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Greenbackville, Virginia
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Greenbackville, Virginia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.