Find a roofer in Goochland, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Goochland, VA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Goochland, VA. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Goochland, VA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.