Find a roofer in Glen Allen, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is inspecting my roof required?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal rate charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to repair a roof top?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the most appropriate season for roofing work?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Glen Allen, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Glen Allen, VA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.