Find a roofer in Gladstone, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which time of the year should I book roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average price roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Gladstone, VA. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the appropriate time to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Gladstone, VA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Gladstone, VA. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.