Find a roofer in Glade Spring, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Glade Spring, Virginia. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Most roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Glade Spring, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Glade Spring, Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.