Find a roofer in Free Union, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Free Union, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Free Union, VA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Free Union, VA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.