Find a roofer in Fieldale, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much does a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to repair a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Fieldale, VA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Fieldale, VA. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.