Find a roofer in Farnham, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Farnham, VA. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Farnham, VA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Farnham, VA, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.