Find a roofer in Falls Church, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Falls Church, Virginia. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Falls Church, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Falls Church
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Falls Church, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Falls Church, Virginia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Falls Church, Virginia. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.