Find a roofer in Ewing, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Ewing, Virginia. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
What is the right time to schedule a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the standard price charged by roofing professionals for a replacement project?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Ewing, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Ewing, Virginia. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.