Find a roofer in Deerfield, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Deerfield, VA. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Deerfield, VA
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Deerfield, VA, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.