Find a roofer in Dayton, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the average rate roofing experts charge per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Dayton, Virginia. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Dayton, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Dayton, Virginia. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.