Find a roofer in Crewe, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Crewe, Virginia
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Crewe, Virginia. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.