Find a roofer in Clintwood, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Clintwood, VA. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Clintwood, VA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Clintwood, VA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Clintwood, VA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.