Find a roofer in Cheriton, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Cheriton, VA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cheriton, VA. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.