Find a roofer in Check, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Check, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Check, Virginia. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.