Find a roofer in Chatham, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical cost of roof replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the price range for repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it take to get a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Chatham, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Chatham, VA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.