Find a roofer in Catlett, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Catlett, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Catlett
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Catlett, VA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Catlett, VA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.