Find a roofer in Castlewood, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Castlewood, VA. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Castlewood, VA
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Castlewood, VA, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Castlewood, VA. Find the right contractor for your property now.