Find a roofer in Carrsville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Carrsville, Virginia. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Carrsville, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Carrsville, Virginia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.