Find a roofer in Cana, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Cana, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Cana, Virginia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.