Find a roofer in Callaway, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Callaway, Virginia. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Callaway, Virginia
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Callaway, Virginia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.