Find a roofer in Broad Run, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Broad Run, Virginia. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Broad Run, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Broad Run
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Broad Run, Virginia
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Broad Run, Virginia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.