Find a roofer in Bristow, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bristow, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Bristow
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Bristow, VA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Bristow, VA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Bristow, VA. Find the right contractor for your house today.