Find a roofer in Bristol, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it take to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
At which point should I consider having an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers generally charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to maintain the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Bristol, Virginia
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bristol, Virginia, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.