Find a roofer in Boykins, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the most appropriate time for roofing jobs?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
What is the proper time to request an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Boykins, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Boykins, VA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.