Find a roofer in Birchleaf, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Birchleaf, Virginia. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Birchleaf, Virginia
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Birchleaf, Virginia. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.