Find a roofer in Bedford, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal period of time for a roof replacement?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Bedford, VA. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
At what stage should I think about having an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected rate to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Bedford, VA
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Bedford, VA, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.