Find a roofer in Battery Park, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Battery Park, VA. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Battery Park, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Battery Park, VA. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.